Data Scientist - Fintech - Milton Keynes or London - (1 day a week in office) - 70-80k + 20% bonus, company perks, bens
Reporting in to the Data Science Manager. The Data Scientist will be a key hire within the fast growing Analytics team. Their mission is to help their customers with revolutionary offerings of credit and loans at far more favourable terms and rates than the existing providers.
To do this, they rely upon a complex technical platform, smart data scientists and a lean technical services team. In return, they offer a rewarding environment, encouraging collaboration and career progression.
The Data Scientist will evolve around the development, deployment and monitoring of best-in-class models and statistical algorithms. Understanding business needs using a variety of modelling techniques. Deliver strong sustainable growth, within risk appetite, and to ensure best outcomes for customers.
- Creation and deployment of best in class segmented credit models for unsecured consumer lending products
- Work closely with Analytics team to drive improvement to the overall value of the portfolio by adapting data sources, modeling strategies, cut-offs and application processes
- Interact with external parties such as credit reference agencies
- Produce written summary of analysis and recommendations and present those to senior technical or non-technical audiences
- Produce MI in order to monitor the adequacy of models already in place
- Alert the management team of any model degradation, propose and own remediation actions
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver projects and the change agenda
- Strong background in Data science and Statistics, ideally from a lending institution, with knowledge of external data sources such as Credit Bureau data.
- Multiple Modelling techniques to deliver strong sustainable growth, within risk appetite, and ensure best outcomes for customers.
- Prior experience of modelling, data science, or decision science in the context of risk management
- Data manipulation and modelling languages – SQL, SAS or R
- Excel and other analysis tools
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced start-up environment
To apply please send your CV via the application process.
Data Science, Statistics, Modelling, Fintech, Credit, Loans, Lending, Risk, SQL, SAS, R, Excel, London, Milton Keynes, Algorithms